Our Women’s Ministry sees value in every woman and desires for her feel that personal self-worth. We strive to do fun events along with “serious” events. We know that women have a small amount of time and we want you to spend some of that time with us here at Oak Grove. We are a diverse group of women who first of all loves the Lord Jesus and in doing so, loves each other. We are looking forward to our next event and hope that you can join us.
Mom’s Corner: Wednesday Night Bible Study for Women
Join us beginning Wednesday, September 5 from 7-8:15 in Education Building #1, Rm. 301 for our Mom’s Corner Bible Study. Lindsey Lewandowski will be leading us on a journey through Lysa TerKeurst’s new book “Unglued: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Raw Emotions”
Lysa TerKeurst admits that she, like most women, has experiences where others bump into her happy and she comes emotionally unglued. We stuff, we explode, or react somewhere in between. What do we do with these raw emotions? Is it really possible to make emotions work for us instead of against us? Yes, and in her usual inspiring and practical way, Lysa will show you how. Filled with gut-honest personal examples and Biblical teaching, Unglued will equip you to:
- Know with confidence how to resolve conflict in your important relationships.
- Find peace in your most difficult relationships as you learn to be honest but kind when offended.
- Identify what type of reactor you are and how to significantly improve your communication.
- Respond with no regrets by managing your tendencies to stuff, explode or react somewhere in between.
- Gain a deep sense of calm by responding to situations out of your control without acting out of control.
- Session 1: Grace for the Unglued
- Session 2: Freedom for the Unglued
- Session 3: Four Kinds of Unglued
- Session 4: A Procedure Manual for the Unglued
- Session 5: Lingering Words for the Unglued
- Session 6: Imperfect Progress for the Unglued
Childcare is available, hope to see you there…