Students are the most misunderstood age group in our culture.
They are no longer children, but not treated quite like adults either.
Oak Grove Baptist Church seeks to encourage all middle school and high school students (and their families) to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. We offer many on-going ministries to challenge the spiritual, relational, and physical health of all pre-teen and teenagers.
- reFUEL – Sunday morning discipleship training (see additional page)
- reCONNECT – Wednesday evening age appropriate small group life studies (see additional page)
- CIA (Christians In Action) – Sunday afternoon family mission activity opportunities (see additional page)
- Ps98 – Youth Praise Team (contact Minister to Adults and Guitar Extraordinaire Rev. Jim Testerman)
- TAI CHUAN DO – Christian Martial Arts Ministry for all ages 6 years old through adult (see additional page/website)
- ADVENTURE WEEK – Summer Youth Day Camp typically held in June (see additional page)
- reCHARGE – our Summer Youth Camp typically held in June/July (see additional page)
- reBOOT – Youth Winter retreat with the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware
- MISSION TRIPS – we have travelled to places in Maryland, the United States, and Internationally with students to change the world for Christ. Some trips are only a few days while others involve multiple weeks. (see additional page)
- MONTHLY YOUTH ACTIVITIES – every month we host an event to invite friends and have a great time
- MONTHLY FAMILY ACTIVITIES – almost every month we encourage youth families to get together and fellowship
- SBA ANNUAL LOCK-IN - each year students join other Harford and Cecil Baptist youth to stay up all night worshipping and playing.
- LEADERSHIP LAB – we partner with the BCM/D to train students in leadership skills on various weekend retreats throughout the year.
- ADVENTURE CAMP 1.0 and 2.0 – we partner with BCM/D for two weeks of away camp that includes such activities as bike hikes, backpacking, canoeing, and camping. 1.o is for beginners while 2.0 is for those who have a lot of experience in the great outdoors.
If you have questions about these activities, please contact Ralph Batykefer, Minister to Students.